What Is A Lip Lift?
A lip lift is a surgical procedure where the distance between the base of the nose and the top lip is shortened creating a more aesthetically pleasing and youthful appearance to the top lip and the lower third of the face.
If you are located in Las Vegas, lip lift surgery can be safely and successfully performed at Nuance Aesthetics & Plastic Surgery.
Who Is A Candidate For A Lip Lift?
There are 2 distinct candidates for the procedure:
The first are older patients with an elongated lower third of the face. As we age, the distance between the base of the nose and the top lip lengthens, the top lip also flattens and thins out. The end result is a longer lower third of the face with flattening and thinning of the top lip. Many patients also complain that their smile has changed over time. This is because the elongated top lip obscures the teeth and diminishes tooth show. The surgery creates shortens the distance between the base of the nose and the top lip, creating a more youthful appearance to the lips and lower face.
The second candidate is a younger patient that has an elongated upper lip with poor tooth show or someone looking for a permanent augmentation to the upper lip. Younger patients seeking a natural and long-lasting alternative to lip filler may also benefit from a lip lift. The surgical procedure will expose more of the red lip resulting in a plumper, fuller and more shapely top lip.
How Is A Lip Lift Performed?
A lip lift is performed with the patient awake using local anesthesia in about 90 minutes. The sutures are removed over 2 sessions in the week following surgery. A well-executed surgery will result in a nearly imperceptible scar.
There are several types of this surgery, with the chosen procedure depending on your needs and goals:
- A direct lip lift, also known as a gullwing lip lift, increases the definition of the lip border. Here, a thin strip of skin is removed and the lip pulled upwards, which makes your lips look larger. There is typically a visible scar in the upper lip.
- A central lip lift involves shortening the space between your nose and lips through an incision underneath the nose.
- The subnasal bullhorn is a common type of upper lift surgery. Here, an incision along the base of your nose, which resembles a bullhorn’s shape, is made to pull your lip upwards to the nose. There may be a scar, but it’s often less visible.
- An Italian lip lift generally doesn’t leave a noticeable scar. The incisions are much smaller, with two made under each nostril.
- A corner lip lift is best for you if you are unhappy with having downturned lips, which may give a sad or angry appearance. Here, a small amount of skin is removed at two small incisions over both corners of your mouth. This is sometimes combined with another lip lift procedure type.
Recovery After A Lip Lift
Recovery after the surgery is relatively short and uncomplicated. Some procedures only require local anesthetic, so you may not even need to think about recovering from general anesthesia.
You will have stitches during the first week, and your lip will likely look and feel a little swollen and sore. It generally takes up to two weeks for you to return to work. However, if you smoke or otherwise do not follow post-operative instructions, healing time will be longer.
Lip Lift Benefits At Nuance Aesthetics & Plastic Surgery
At Nuance Aesthetics & Plastic Surgery, you can expect high-quality care from one of the most highly-skilled surgeons in the USA. Located in Las Vegas, lip lift surgery can be combined with a vacation, or if you live locally, you don’t have to worry about travel from a remote city.
If you’re an older patient, this treatmeny can take years off your appearance, and complement other procedures. Many women choosing this surgery have thin, downward-pointing lips after significant age-related collagen loss. Afterwards, you can look forward to seeing your old, natural smile return.
If you are younger, this surgery can give you the appearance of having had fillers, but provide a more permanent solution. Or, perhaps you’ve had an adverse reaction to fillers and still seek a fuller look. Many younger women have thin or downward-pointing lips too.
How Much Does Lip Lift Surgery Cost?
The average cost of a lip lift procedure in Nevada varies on many factors. Don’t aim for the cheapest price, however, as quality should be your top priority. A top lip lift surgeon will charge more than average, but you will likely see permanent, natural-looking results that restore your former appearance or act as a superior substitute for fillers.